Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Makin' it Better

Today's library reading time was aborted due to a fussy M2, so the kids got to go to visit their Nana and Papa instead.  After we got back to our house, I discovered that M1's right ear was bright red and about twice normal size.  (Obviously he must get that from me.)

While we waited for the pediatrician to get back to us, we applied some generic Benadryl cream, in case it was a bug bite.  After a phone conversation with the nurse (wherein we determined that a bug bite was probably most likely, but we're still not entirely certain), we dosed him with some oral antihistamines and topical hydrocortisone cream.

I immediately put away the antihistamine syrup and dropper because it was sticky.  As I am returning, I hear little toddler babblings of "Gonna make it better."

This is quite ominous.

Uh oh.  I've left the hydrocortisone out.

Entering the room, I find M1 happily covering both arms with liberal globs of the stuff.  He's even daubed some on his left ear - apparently it felt excluded.

M1 promptly got himself hauled upstairs where he and I jointly discovered that a cream-covered toddler has very little friction.  He started making a game of pulling out of my grip.  This quickly led to an object lesson in a corollary to Newton's Third Law:
When body (e.g. Mommy's grip) upon which a force is being exerted suddenly disappears from the equation, the counteracting force also abruptly ceases.  Should the other body (e.g. the toddler) continue to apply the first force, this force must act upon whatever body still remains (e.g. the toddler).
Physics lessons still did not prevent the inevitable bath.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home