Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Stomp and Go

M1 has a new game.  It's where he runs around in small circles yelling, "Go!  Go!  Go!"  I was letting him play it while I prepared dinner.  My back was turned, but I could hear stomp stomp stomp stomp "Go!  Go!  Go!  Go!"

Suddenly, this predictable medley of toddler sounds terminated in a sudden brief cacophony of thuds and crashes.  It seriously sounded like he'd fallen down the stairs, only I knew he was on the level kitchen floor.  Apparently, he'd run out of his shoe and tripped.

When I got to him and scooped it up, his first words were, "Gonna kiss it."  After presenting his skinned left knee and bruised elbow for some special Mommy First-Aid, he calmed down and started asking for more. 

"Gonna kiss your other knee."
"Gonna kiss your face."
"Gonna kiss your other face."
His face (specifically his forehead), did in fact need a lot of kiss-it-make-it-better treatments, since he'd raised an enormous goose-egg when he hit the tile floor.  But he shook off the trauma pretty well (getting a Band-Aid for his knee and some "boo-boo gel" [aka Neosporin] helped a lot), and only asked once more for "Gonna kiss your hair."

He even took it well when I told him that his request of "need a Band-Aid for your hair" wasn't a viable option.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home